January 1, 2017 by Myndi @ madbooklove
In previous years, I have participated in a Chunkster Challenge that was hosted by another blogger. However, it appears that challenge was not renewed in 2016, and I fail to see any sign of it being repeated in 2017. But, reading chunksters (books over 450 pages), is something I always want to focus on because a) they tend to be excellent reads and b) if I don’t challenge myself to a certain number, I find myself avoiding them because they take so much time and lower my overall yearly book count.
Because I can’t find a hosted challenge for chunksters, I’m doing two of my own: a Chunkster Challenge (books over 450 pages, less than 750 pages), and an Uber Chunkster Challenge (books over 750 pages). Books that meet these requirements can be applied towards the other challenges I’m participating in this year, but NOT to both Chunkster Challenges (that would sort of defeat the purpose, no?). My plan is to do 10 of each, and I’ll update this post as I make progress.
2017 Chunkster Challenge (450-749 pages)
- Little Heaven by Nick Cutter (496 pp)
- Kill the Father by Sandrone Dazieri (512 pp)
- The Confessions of Young Nero by Margaret George (528 pp)
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon (466 pp)
- Every Dead Thing by John Connolly (480 pp)
- The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley (480 pp)
2017 Uber Chunkster Challenge (750+ pages)